We'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to NESCOT and hope you are all settling in well.
Quick Question (follow the link below to answer)
All this week we are promoting Staying Safe Online Week. You will already have had information about online safety during your tutorial sessions and Library induction.
NESCOT protects you online using the following products:
- Websense to block websites which contain offensive or inappropriate material.
- A Firewall provided by CISCO the worldwide leader in networking
- Sophos anti-virus protection on every college computer
You've all signed NESCOT's IT Usage Agreement during your tutorial inductions. Your tutor's will be talking to you about staying safe online this week. Remember, you accept the agreement every time you log into a college computer or Weblearn.
Follow these 2 simple rules to stay safe online:
- Always be aware of potential risks and keep your login details and any other personal information safe and secure. Never give your login information or personal details to anybody else
- Always act responsibly when working online. Do not be rude about another person or use bad language