Site news

What to do if you need support over the Easter Vacation

What to do if you need support over the Easter Vacation

by Administrative User -
Number of replies: 0

You won't be able to reach the mentoring team or safeguarding officers until College opens again on Tuesday 18th April 2017, but if you need support during that time a number of organisations can help.

For free, confidential advice, or to talk, contact:

  • Switchboard: A free and confidential information, support and referral service for lesbians, gay men and bisexual and trans people, and anyone considering issues around their sexuality and/or gender identity. You can call the charity on 0300 330 0630 from 10am until 10pm every day, email or instant message through the website.
  • Kooth: A free, confidential online service for people aged 11 to 19, Kooth offers the opportunity to chat with a counsellor or therapist. Kooth can help with issues from depression and anxiety to eating disorders and bullying.
  • ChildLine: Call 0800 1111 any time, or visit their website. You can contact ChildLine about anything – no problem is too big or too small. ChildLine is always open.
  • Samaritans: Call 116 123 free any time, email or visit their website. If something’s troubling you, get in touch. You can call Samaritans about anything, and they’re open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year round.
  • Sane: Call 0300 304 7000 from 4.30-10.30pm daily, or visit their website. Sane is a national helpline offering specialist emotional support and information to anyone affected by mental illness, including family, friends and carers.
  • Shelter: Call 0808 800 4444 8am-8pm, or visit their website. Shelter gives advice to people who are homeless or about to become homeless. An adviser could help you to keep your home or help you find emergency housing.
  • Refuge and Women’s Aid: Call 0808 2000 247 any time, or visit their website. The helpline can give free support, help and information over the phone to anyone affected by domestic violence.